See more T&J here...

  • Chairs of 2017! - Wow, its another year coming to a close, and our year in numbers has us having rescued approximately 150 chairs!! Here's some of our faves... Can you spot ...
    6 years ago

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Storage love: Ikea road tripping

A recent Ikea road trip saw me able to complete my wall of storage in our play room. The toys had been getting out of control so I chose this solution from Ikea.

It is comprised of 3 Lack coffee tables, joined together, with 3 Ivar storage boxes. I added castors to the boxes (which bring them to a perfect height to avoid finger squashing) and chalkboard paint so the kids can have a little fun - or we can draw or write what is inside each?
On the wall is the Dignitet wire hanging system so I can clip up the kids' art or posters etc. I am planning a large canvas for the right side on the wall - yet to be inspired on that one!

I love it because it keeps everything out of site - but only when they are put away!

2 comments:

Barb Fisher - Hopscotch said...

Fantastic storage solution - loving the blackboard paint!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! I may try it. I also recently made a playroom w/ IKEA things. (see my blog www.modmaison.blogspot.com). You should post this on the IKEA hacker site.
-robyn

Visit me at

  • Chairs of 2017! - Wow, its another year coming to a close, and our year in numbers has us having rescued approximately 150 chairs!! Here's some of our faves... Can you spot ...
    6 years ago